Effective date: March 21, 2023
Information Collection and Use
We collect different types of information for various purposes to provide you with and improve our Service.
Types of Data Collected
While using the Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain information that can be used to contact or identify you or otherwise to provide the Services to you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
We may also collect information that your browser and/or mobile device sends whenever you access or use the Services (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Services with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to help us improve and analyze the Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate the Services.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- to provide and maintain the Services;
- to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to provide customer support;
- to provide information regarding the availability of Services based on your location;
- to gather analysis or information so that we can improve the Services;
- to monitor the usage of the Services;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- to fulfill any other express purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with direct marketing communications;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide, as follows:
Disclosure for Law Enforcement.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
If we or our subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Data may be transferred.
Other cases. We may disclose your information also:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including by sharing your Personal Data with third party payment processors or other partners that may provide services requested by you in order for such service providers and partners to contact you, as you have requested as part of the Services;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent in any other cases;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property or safety of our customers or others; and
- internally to other members based on internal services you agree to the use of.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of or located within the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or the UK, you have certain additional data protection rights. These rights include:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information directly within your account settings section.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com. In order to comply with such requests, we may require additional information from you in order to confirm your identity.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority; however, we hope that we can assist with any queries or concerns you may have about our use of your personal information first.
For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information Under GDPR
We may process your personal information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights; or
- To comply with the law.
CALIFORNIA AND OTHER U.S. STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under some U.S. state laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), residents may have the following rights:
- Right to Know: The right to request the personal data that we collect, use or disclose and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: The right to request that we delete the personal data we have collected about you;
- Right to Opt-Out of Data Sales: The right to restrict the sale of your personal data we have collected to third parties;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights;
- Right to Correct Information: The right to update or correct the personal data that we collect;
- Right to Limit Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: The right to limit the use and disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information (as defined under the CPRA);
- Right to Access Information Related to Automated Decision Making: The right to inquire about our logic involved in automated decision-making applied to personal data we collect; and
- Right to Opt-Out of Automated Decision-Making Technology: The right to request your removal from having automated decision-making applied to your personal data that we collect.
California’s Shine the Light Law. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what personal information (if any) that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided under Contact Us. Note that these rights are not absolute, are subject to exceptions and limitations, and may not be afforded to residents of all states.
Only you or an authorized agent may make a request related to your personal data. Note that to respond to your requests, we must verify your identity and reserve the right to confirm your state residency.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals
We do not honor Do Not Track signals and are unable to track when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Services on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how the Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Services.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 21.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from persons under 21. If you become aware that a person under 21 has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a person under 21 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Notice Regarding Medical Advice
This website does not provide medical or other licensed professional advice. Nothing stated or posted on this website or available through any Services are intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine. The website materials, such as text, graphics, images, and information obtained from this website are for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information you have obtained through this website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.